Wednesday 27 February 2013

3D Manicure Review

So for anyone who read my 'Primark Haul' post, you will know I recently purchased a naughty knock-off version of the lovely Ciate Caviar manicure set. I thought I'd just do a quick review of it and how I thought the whole shebang went.




I'm completely in love with the polish it came with, super bright and looks lovely on my nails. Although it wasn't that glossy so I used a nice topcoat. I use Sally Hansen 'Double Duty', I have tried and tested gazillions of topcoats and I always go back to Sally Hansen. The best by miles and if it ain't broke, don't fix it. 




The pearls were easy to apply I just poured them over the wet second coat of polish, making sure to catch the overspill in a piece of paper to put back in the bottle with the handy little funnel. I did put a bit of topcoat just on the tips of my nails because I wanted it to last as long as possible without ruining the effect.




Overall I'm pleased with the way it looks, super fun and cute. It's nice to have something a little different. Not long after, however, I was starting to get annoyed with having to be careful of all these teeny balls pinging off everywhere. I'm SO glad I only put the pearls on my ring fingers, I don't think I could have coped with 10 fingers worth. Very pleased I timed this so I don't have a studio day for a few days because that could get messy! Maybe just stick to nights out for this look eh?

Verdict: pretty to look at but bloody annoying for practicality. Great value though I would never invest in the expensive brands.

Loves xxx

3 comments:

  1. Awesome review and awesome price :)
    New follower after #fblchat ;)

    Roxy's Box of Tricks  
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youu :) followed you back lovely!! xxx

      Delete
  2. I saw this last time I was in Primark. I'm the same though I would get annoyed with it lol but good for a night out :)
    Kirsty x

    Prettybugblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete