Monday 15 July 2013

My Favourite Foundation | Bourjois Healthy Mix

What better way to start my Week of Beauty Favourites with the first make up product I put on my face of a morning. Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation has been a staple in my make up collection for years, I have tried different ones but nothing compares to this one and I have repurchased it countless times. 



Foundation is a really personal thing, everything looks different on everybody and everyone wants something different from their base. Personally, I like a medium coverage that gives me a nice glow without being shimmery or too cakey. I don't suffer with too many blemishes but I do have a lot of redness so I need something to combat this. 



Healthy Mix has a subtle fresh smell to it due to the fruit extracts in the formula. It is very light, with a fairly runny consistency. It blends quickly and easily into the skin, I use either my fingers or a Real Techniques buffing brush for a flawless finish. It doesn't block my pores like a lot of foundations do and I credit this as part of the reason why I don't suffer with too many spots or blemishes. 



It wears for around 6-8 hours on my skin, depending on how oily my skin is that day but I always use a powder over the top (at least on my T-Zone if not all over) and this definitely helps. It doesn't cling to the dry patches and I always get compliments on how fresh my skin looks whenever I use this.

The colour selection is quite limited, unfortunately, but I use number '52 Vanilla' and this does me pretty much all year round as it mixes nicely with a good bronzing powder.

For £9.99 this is my perfect foundation and it is going to take a lot to make me break this love affair. It is very easy to come by too, you can get it from boots here.

What is your favourite foundation?

Loves xxx

2 comments:

  1. I really want to try this, I love the wake me up foundation by Rimmel but this looks really good :)

    www.emmalouisedreams.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh I'd definitely recommend a try! I prefer it to the wake me up foundation personally :) x

    ReplyDelete