Friday 19 July 2013

My Favourite Lipstick | Sephora 'Firework'

If anyone has ever seen my make up collection, you will know how ridiculously lip product obsessed I am. I have had to put a 'one in one out' policy on myself because I'm starting to look a bit mental. However, when I was in Paris I had to wander in Sephora on Champs-Elysses and the enormous selection of colours made me want to cry with happiness. The wonderful little French lady helped me pick a colour out of the fistfuls of wonderfulness I lovingly carried.




After a ton of swatches and in-depth discussion in a beautiful french accent mixed with my northern british one, this baby ended up in my collection. 'Firework' is a beautiful bright pink toned coral with a cream finish.

The packaging is a sleek black tube with a curved shape, my favourite bit being that it has a block of the colour on one end so I can see exactly what I'm picking up. The bullet itself is sturdy and practical.



The product goes on wonderfully creamy, meaning theres no dragging and doesn't dry out my lips! As it wears in, it goes much more matte but doesn't cling to any dry patches I may have. Something I've found other matte lipsticks can do, I don't want to have to put lip balm on first because I feel like this affects the pigmentation and lasting power which defeats the object of a lipstick!


The colour is so super pigmented, a little goes a long way and the staying power is incredible. If I don't eat or drink this can last almost all day! If I do eat and drink, it still lasts a good few hours but it fades gradually instead of going all weird and patchy.




This colour is my summer staple, it makes my teeth look whiter and a bright colour looks great with and without a tan! In. Love.

Loves xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment