Friday 13 September 2013

Fear

Hello my little muffins!

I know I've already posted today, I was all organised and had it scheduled a few days ago but I've been in an odd mood the last few days. Rather than bottle it all up I decided to write about it...and post it on the Internet...like a normal person. Bloggers logic!

Today I'm going to talk about something that I've not really seen much on this here blogosphere we call home. Fear. I apologise how truly awfully cheesy this post will be.

I'm not talking about being squealy when a spider runs across the bathtub or (if you're me) passing out when someone cuts themselves. I'm talking about the sort of gut-wrenching, panic-inducing, heart-racing kind of fear that plagues us all at one time or another. Sometimes it's serious things that create this kind of fear, sometimes it's just a little thing that completely freaks you out.



For me, it's been something that has been building all summer and has just taken over the last few days. 
The fear I'm not doing the right thing with my life.

It almost makes me feel silly to think this way. I am so driven and passionate about the fashion industry and have been from a young age so why should this fear even cross my mind? I work hard, I get good grades on a course I love and I surround myself with the industry I couldn't live without. It's the future that terrifies me. I know I want to be a designer but at the same time I love doing this. Writing, photographing, blogging. Can I fit both into my life and be successful? I don't even know what sort of designer I want to be yet, I have a few more years to go of my degree but I have to do a work placement next year and I couldn't even begin to come up with a brand I want to work for. I feel like time is ticking away all too fast.

So what do I do with these fears? Am I not meant to admit to them? Do I learn from them or let them consume me? I have no clue! Sometimes we can 'grow some balls' and just push past them; but sometimes there are days when we just can't. And there's nothing wrong or abnormal about that. Fear is one of the most powerful emotions we have as human beings, it's what we do with it that counts.

1 comment:

  1. Such a great message this post sends!

    Lauren,
    http://atouchofsoutherngrace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete